Kotov Victor

1927 — 1994

Victor Kotov was born in 1927 in Tula in the family of a blacksmith. In 1942 he volunteered for the army and went off to the front where he was wounded. After the war he became a worker at a plant and in his free time he took up painting.

In the 1950s Victor Kotov set off for the famous academic country-house near Vyshny Volochek where he met many brilliant artists of the time: Sergey and Alexey Tkachev, Andrey and Sergey Tutunov and other painters. These acquaintances defined his future as a professional artist with a bright individuality. Modest beauty of local nature was the main subject of his artworks. The landscapes of Moscow and Tver area were poetized in the numerous canvases of the artist. All seasons, without exclusion, were marked by Victor Kotov's generous palette.In 1958 Victor Kotov joined the Union of Artists of the USSR.

In 1961 six of his artworks were presented at the All-Union Exhibition of Marine Painters, he also took part in the All-Union exhibition dedicated to the 40th anniversary of All-UnionLeninist Young Communist League (1957), Republican exhibition “Soviet Russia" (1961), regional show “Moscow area" (1980, 1990), and other regional, republican and country-wide exhibitions (1981–1994). The artist's personal exhibition took place in Podolsk in 1962. In addition, Victor Kotov participated in the creation of the monumental panorama “The Defense of Stalingrad".

Artworks by Victor Kotov artworks are presented in Podolsk museum as well as in private collections both in Russia and abroad.